InterClimate Network (ICN), as part of our I-CAN Erasmus+ Project and working with Just Ideas, is pleased to invite you to join our free online webinar to introduce our resource and support you in facilitating your own COP27 Climate Conference with young people (11-18 years).
Aimed at: Teachers, facilitators, interested sixth form students and other organisations.
(Please feel free to share this invitation with schools that you think would be interested).
Date and registration: Please use the link to sign up
Thursday 20th October, 4.30 – 5.30 pm webinar link
Session aims to provide:
- Introduction I-CAN Toolkit and COP27 resource (access the briefings here)
- Outline of how to run your own climate conference
- Tips for chairing to ensure lively participation
- Time for your questions
ICN has adapted our tried and tested UN-style climate conference format to sit within school priorities and time-constraints. It can be used in a range of settings: classroom; year groups; on-line; with neighbouring schools.
Student teams are guided to research and represent a range of countries, presenting their country pledges andclimate challenges. Role-play methodologies bring to life critical climate negotiations and collaborations to raise global ambition for action during the conference.
For COP27 we have updated our award-winning COP26 in the Classroom resource and continued its objective to sharply focus on lived experience of climate change around the world, particularly for young people and the most vulnerable. Working with our Erasmus+ I-CAN project partners (see I-CAN page below), this resource now forms part of a comprehensive new Climate Action Toolkit.
- The webinar forms part of our Erasmus+ International Climate Action Network Project (I-CAN).
- Just Ideas, our long-standing partners, are collaborating in this training initiative.
- If you cannot make this date, please let us know and we can look to run another session.
- Contact and any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org